As a mentor at Toastmasters Berne, you should...
- have a few months of experience at our club.
- have given at least your Icebreaker speech.
- be able to help new members getting started with Easyspeak, Basecamp.
- be able to send the mentee a few documents, see Mentoring resources as well as links to our webpage, our Wiki and our Facebook group.
- be willing to give a few tips for the first speech.
- explain the different meeting roles.
- talk about our club live, events, competitions and goals.
- encourage new members to participate at our meetings and start taking roles.
- offer to your mentee to listen to a trial run of her first speech, if she wants to, or give feedback to the actual speech.
- be willing to invest 1-5 hours for a new member for those points mentioned here
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.